The eSwatini International Trade Fair Presents ‘The Music Business Seminar’
The eSwatini International Trade Fair (EITF) aims to promote eSwatini’s goods and services; develop links between eSwatini and international businesses, provide business exposure and promote development of small and medium enterprises. The two week long fair also gives a platform to local and international musicians to showcase their talent. The eSwatini Investment Authority (EIPA) partners with the Swaziland Arts and Music Association (SWAMA) and Association of Christian Artists in Swaziland (ACASWA) to handle the musical side of the trade fair.
The main attraction for musicians is the business seminar. “There is a great need for artists to transform their informal ‘hustle’ into formal processes that can be quantified” SWAMA president shares about the business seminar. “It is high time the music industry’s contribution to the economy gets quantified, and the only way that can happen is when artists themselves, get formal training on managing their music and brands as a business” he adds.
Artists are business people, they are employers, they are creatives and most importantly they have a product or skill to sell. This business seminar will equip artists in aspects that are necessary to advancing their careers and in turn make money through their talents. The business seminar will be on the 2nd of September from 11 AM with the main speaker being DJ Cleo of Eskhaleni Fame. Entrance is free and all artists are invited at Mavuso Trade Centre — the business centre right above the restaurants.
SWAMA has also invited successful, hardworking local and international artists to come and connect with local musicians on various topics. Topics to be covered during the seminar will answer the question of where the money is within the scope of the music business in eSwatini and beyond.
eSwatini International Trade Fair: Music Business Seminar Full Package
- Royalties – Ms Nobuhle Matsebula (Ministry of Commerce Legal Adviser & Intellectual Rights Registrar)
- Gigs & Live Performances – Steven Mtetwa (Artist Manager – So Fresh)
- Digital Opportunities & Streaming – Mmeli Hlanze (Antidote Music)
- Events – Mthunzi Shadow Zwane (Swaziboy Entertaiment)
- Licensing & Scoring for TV & Film – Rendition (Motherland X)
- Teaching music – Velemseni
- Producing for other Musicians and Corporates – Mozaik The Producer (Claiming Ground Records)
- Session Work – Sizwe Mabuza Big Siz (Project S Cubed Band)
- Merchandising – Touch of Soul
- Sound Hire – Khulekani Karly B Mamba
- Financial Literacy – Mandla Cheeks Nxumalo (Leserato)